Right now the landscapers are working away on paving, decking and concrete including the driveway. But more on that next post...ok, maybe just a sneak peak.
Still there are things that we would recommend others do and do not do if building the Talise.
Changes we made we would recommend to others:
- door between kitchen and living
- fireplace in living
- sliding door to ensuite
- highlight windows in family rather than full length
- sacrifice laundry walk in cupboard for powder outside bathroom (especially if you have a teenage daughter)
- we added an extra metre to the house across the dining room, definitely worth it
Changes we wish we had made:
- tiling the walls in the kids bathroom all the way around
- switching the ensuite and the WIR
- glass door on pantry
- two wider windows rather than 3 skinny windows at front, so shutters would be more practical
- tiling or boards to corridor connecting kids bedrooms. We have floor boards to carpet to tiles as you go from kitchen to laundry
- 40mm rather than 20mm Caesar stone in kitchen
Things we would do differently next time we build:
- do not have builder fit out wardrobes if you are going to fit them out yourself, we damaged a lot of plaster taking the builder's shelves off
- ruthlessly ensure accuracy of electrical plan, especially non standard stuff like data, Henley's electrical process is poor
- do not accept the builders dishwasher, the technika is flimsy and beeps repeatedly once it has finished a load until you turn it off. Just buy a Bosch.